Thursday, June 7, 2012
I've totally been M.I.A., guilty as charged. I know it's my usual excuse, but things have been crazy at work - in addition to me being on vacation for the last week (woo!). I was in gorgeous Wilmington, NC with the BF - and let me tell you, it was hard to come home.
But upon returning to my favorite city on Earth (Chicago, of course!), I was excited to feel like summer has truly begun. My summer hours at work are in full effect, the weather is nice and the Chicago festival schedule busier than ever.
So, of course, what's my next step? A summer bucket list. Needless to say, this also knocks out a few of my "25 by 25" items - given 25 is quickly approaching!
1. Attend a concert. Already planned and in action! Tickets to see Gavin DeGraw (an old favorite) on June 29.
2. Play volleyball on North Avenue Beach. If you're a Chicagoan, you know this is the place to be in the summertime. I've never been real athletic, but always admired the girls who get after it on the v-ball court. Maybe next time you visit, it will be me!
3. Camp. It may sounds weird, but I've kind of always been a camper. Ever since I was little, my family and I would venture to the shores of Michigan every summer, spend a few nights in a tent (with air mattresses of course) and roast marshmallows by the fire. I've kept up the tradition with my boyfriend the last two summers and hope to do so again this summer (although it's always a hassle to plan). Stay tuned!
4. Pick apart a garage sale. Breaking news: I'm moving out! More details to come, but I'm dying to see what I can find to furnish my new place with via local garage sales. I know there are bound to be hidden treasures.
5. Learn to grill. I must admit, the grill scares me a bit. I'd love to learn how to grill shrimp, steak, veggies, chicken, etc. - especially as I'm moving out.
What's on your summer check list?